I am an authorised freelance translator and interpreter since 1997. My working time is dedicated entirely to translation and interpreting and other related activities.
I work with many national and international institutions, organizations and agencies.
In the period from 1978 to 1983 I lived in Stockholm, Sweden and attended an Anglo-American international school.
◦ ◦ ◦
In-house experience as translator and interpreter
- The British Embassy in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, as Translator, Interpreter and Project Assistant for an anti-corruption project;
- The European Union Customs and Fiscal Assistance Programme in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, office translator and interpreter at high-level meetings and translating sensitive and confidential material for over 4 years (May 2003 to August 2007).
Within this project, I worked for 3 years as a translator and assistant in the project’s legal section assisting the writing of the new legislation relevant to the project and controlling the language quality of the English and Macedonian texts to ensure consistency and accuracy;
- Granit Joint Stock Co., Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, as a translator and interpreter from 1997 to 1999 I worked for a construction company for the Overseas Department of this Company, but also for the Main Office and the Marketing, Finance and other departments.
- (present): MA in Social Sciences and Gender, Euro-Balkan Institute, Skopje, Macedonia
- (intermitted): Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Deakin University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, off-campus programme
- BA in Philosophy (Graduated Philosophy Professor), Institute of Philosophy at the Philosophy Faculty, University ‘Sv.Kiril i Metodij’, Skopje, Macedonia
- Stenography Certificate
- Wordfast Certificate
- Certificate in Project Application Software and Project Management
Skills, abilities and working method
Use of CAT tools: Trados, Wordfast, MemoQ, IBM Translation Manager, other tools in accordance with the clients’ preference.
- Excellent command of idiomatic Macedonian and English language, grammar and vocabulary;
- Ability to edit and review other translations;
- General erudition and intimate familiarity with the three cultures-Macedonian, English and Swedish;
- Consultation of online and other dictionaries, lexicons, glossaries, translation and interpreting resources;
Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Macedonia:
- Authorised Translator and Interpreter for Swedish into Macedonian and vice versa
- Authorised Translator and Interpreter for Macedonian into English and vice versa
- Institute of Linguists, UK
- Proz: http://www.proz.com/profile/126387